- Babies 2 months and over
- Patients with removable hearing aids
1-2 sprays 3 times per day.
- No head tilt
- No syringing
- No preservatives
- No peanut oil
- No cotton buds
What is ear wax and what is its function?
- Cerumen (ear wax) is part of the external ear defense mechanism i.e. prevents infection.
- It consists of epithelial cells, foreign bodies and glandular secretions.
- Cerumen lubricates and cleans the ear canal.
- Cleaning is via constant migration of cerumen and the adherence of foreign particles to it.
Sometimes, the wax builds up and becomes compacted, known as ‘ear wax impaction’.
This can lead to symptoms such as mild deafness and a sensation of fullness inside the ear.
How common is ear wax impaction and what are its implications?
- 2-6% of the population suffer from ear wax impaction.1 It is often experienced in patients over 65 years of age; up to 65% of over 65s have cerumen impaction.2
- Effects may include: hearing loss, pain, itching, tinnitus, vertigo, painful inflammation of the ear and chronic cough.3
Avoid dangerous cotton buds
Use CleanEars, A Safer Solution
What Is CleanEars And How Does It Work?
CleanEars is an ear wax removal spray containing squalene (derived from olive oil), mineral oil and spearmint oil.
The 3 main ingredients work in the following manner:
- Squalene a similar composition to ear wax but in liquid form. When it is sprayed into the ear, the squalene collides with the cerumen and through imparting its kinetic energy, it partially liquefies the ear wax.
- Mineral oil irrigates the ear and removes the liquified ear wax.
- Spearmint oil warms the ear canal and provides a pleasant odour.
Clinically Proven CleanEars
- The following clinical results show the difference in degree of blockage after
- 1 week of treatment with CleanEars4