Miradent Xylitol chewing gum with its cleansing and plaque-inhibiting effect, reducing lasting tooth decay – especially when used after eating.
Xylitol forms complexes of calcium and saliva proteins in the oral cavity, which lead to a remineralization of the tooth structure. With sufficient Xylitol no new plaque forms on the teeth. Thus, the development of caries is prevented, and existing plaque and removed. Xylitol produces a cooling effect on the tongue, similar to the refreshing taste of menthol. Xylitol cannot be recycled by the bacteria in the mouth, thus it has no cariogenic effect.
This can lead to a reduction of caries incidence by up to 100%.
Miradent Xylitol chewing gum is sweetened with 100% Xylitol and therefore has a positive effect by:
- Increase the production of saliva (dry mouth)
- Reduction of plaque deposits
- Reduction of plaque-and acid-forming bacteria
- Remineralisation of tooth enamel
- Reduction of “caries transmission” from mother to her child
- Suitable for diabetics *
Recommended daily dose:
Adults: 5-7 pieces
Children: 3 – 4 pieces