How does T.E.N.S relieve my pain?
TENS relieves pain in two ways:
Standard High-Frequency Treatment
- Pulse Rate is set to 60 pulses per second or more.
- Produces a steady “buzzing” or “tingling” feeling between the electrodes
- Produces an electrical signal that is stronger than the pain signal that the body produces.Because the signal is perceived as stronger, it effectively blocks the pain signal from travelling along nerves to the brain.
- Effective for acute pain
- Pulse Rate is below 10 pulses per second or at “burst” mode.
- Produces visible muscle twitching and “tapping” or “pulsating” feeling
- The body reacts to this type of stimulation by releasing “endorphins” (pain-killing chemicals produced naturally in the body)
- These endorphins act as a chemical nerve block, effectively reducing pain by interrupting the flow of pain signals along the nerves.
- Effective for chronic pain, stiffness and numbness
Pain Relief – 9 Different Programs
- Relieve mode for fast relief of acute pain with high frequency at 1200Hz, suitable for pain in the lower back and joints
- 4 automatic therapy programs for specific regions: Shoulder, Sole, Leg and Waist
- 4 massaging modes: Tapping, Kneading, Pushing, Rubbing
4 Special Modes
- Soft Mode – For relief with soft stimulation
- Repeat Mode – Repeats your choice of stimulation
- Point and Wide Mode – Treats a small or wide area respectively
- Balance Adjustment – For emphasis of therapy on red or white sides or both (pads)
Washable & Durable Long-Life Pads,