For adults and adolescents over 12 years old who favour drop format for relief of nasal congestion: 2 to 3 drops per nostril.
Use 2-3 times daily, as necessary.
Do not exceed 3 applications in each nostril daily.
Do not use more often than every 8-10 hours. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Blow nose gently to clear
- Tilt head back
- Insert dropper a little way into the nostril and squeeze bulb gently to release required number of drops
- Repeat in other nostril
- Replace cap
Xylometazoline Hydrochloride 1 mg/mL.
Contains Benzalkonium Chloride as a Preservative.
Do not use
- If under 12 years of age. Otrivin Junior is available for children 6-11 years.
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline.
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth.
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma.
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines.
Warnings & cautions
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice.
- Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor.
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene.
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur.
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose.
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle.
Store below 30ºC.