- Squeeze the chamber and fold back the base of the shield.
- Centre the opening of the shield over your nipple and return the base to its original position.
- Release your grip on the chamber and you will feel light suction.
- You may not get the shield perfectly in place first try, so readjust until the shield is comfortable.
- Introduce your baby to the shield to start feeding. Your breast milk will continue to flow into the extended teat, allowing your baby to feed.
Tips: Try expressing a few drops of breast milk into the shield before attaching to promote an easier latch.
Cleaning & Care: Wash before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. Instead, we recommend using the Haakaa Dish Soap. To sterilise, use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.
Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Children can choke on small objects if left unattended. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose. Store product in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Excessive stretching may cause tearing.
This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples, and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed. If you are able to breastfeed successfully and experience slight discomfort, we suggest using our traditional nipple shields as a protective alternative if your nipples become raw and sore.