Ensure the area is clean.
Apply Betadine Antiseptic Topical Solution undiluted to the injured area two to three times daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
May be covered with gauze, adhesive dressing, or bandaged if required.
Povidone-Iodine 10% w/v. Equivalent to 1% w/v available Iodine.
- Use heat prior to application.
- Use if hypersensitive to iodine or povidone.
- Use if neck seal is broken.
- Mix with other wound treatment preparations, disinfectants, deterents or other chemicals.
- Use if known to have thyroid disease including goiter, thyroid nodules, or other thyroid diseases (especially elderly patients) due to risk of hyperthyroidism.
- Use for 4 weeks prior to thyroid cancer treatment.
Keep out of reach of children.
Avoid application over a long period of time and to large areas of the skin.
If irrtation, redness or swelling develops discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
Not recommended for use during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
For external use only.