Adults and children: Administer the contents of one tube rectally as a single dose.
- Twist and pull the seal off the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum (back passage). In children under 3 years of age inser only half the length of the nozzle (see the indication on the nozzle).
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the nozzle.
Active Ingredients per 5mL tube:
Sodium Citrate Dihydrate…450mg
Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate…45mg
Do not use:
- If you are hydersensitive to any of the ingredients listed on the carton.
- The cap is separated from the tube as it has been opened.
Do not swallow. If accidentally ingested seek medical attention immediately.
Do not remove tube from carton until immediately before use.
Avoid prolonged use of laxatives as it may lead to dependence.
If symptoms persist seek medical advice.
Drink plenty of water.
Increase fibre in diet except in cases of medication induced constipation.