For Lifetime Replacement ™. Follow the directions on this page:
- Hold the baby in an upright to semi-upright position, well secured in your arms, and be sure that the baby is comfortable.
- Place the tip of the bulb into the baby’s nostril and suck very gently through the mouthpiece, as if you are drinking a liquid from a straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the baby’s nose.
- A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus before using the NeilMed® Naspira® Nasal-Oral Aspirator (NOA). Mucus from the baby’s nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip, and if excessive, into the bulbous area during suctioning.
- Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary.
- Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.
- Change filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection is over or every week during use.
Cleaning & Care
Disassemble all components.
- Pinch the opening of the tip with your thumb and index finger.
- Squeeze the bulb with your thumb and index finger of other hand so the quick increase in air pressure will separate the parts.
- Take apart the remaining components by pulling apart the ends. Remove the filter and set aside prior to cleansing. The filter cannot be cleaned or sterilised, but can be reused if it has not come into contact with mucus.
Wash all loose components with warm dishwashing liquid detergent followed by thorough rinsing with clean water. Shake off excess water.
To disinfect; choose one of three methods:
- Boiling Disinfection:
Place all components in boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow the water to cool completely before removing the components from the water. Shake off excess water. Allow all components to cool and air dry before reassembling. Use lint free towels to dry the outside of parts and allow it to air dry the inside of the components.
- Microwave Disinfection:
Clean all components with soap and water as mentioned above, shake off the excess water. Now place all components in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will disinfect all components. Please make sure all components are near dry before placing in the microwave.
- Chemical Disinfection:
In some countries, where available, use baby bottle disinfecting chemical tablets or solution, and use the same protocol.
The filter is disposable and should be replaced if it comes into contact with mucus, or after the child’s acute illness episode ends.
Do not attempt to sterilise and reuse the filter.
Can also be used as a single bulb aspirator.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Keep out of reach of children.