Adults 18 years, of age and over:
Take 1 capsule daily for at least 7 days and up to 14 days.
Swallow the capsule whole with water, with or without food. Do not crush, chew or open the capsule. Not intended for immediate relief. It may take a few days to achieve maximum results.
Do not take for more than 14 days unless directed by a doctor.
Active Ingredient per capsule:
Esomeprazole Magnesium Trihydrate…22.3mg (equivalent to Esomeprazole 20mg).
Do not use:
- For children under 18 years of age.
- If allergic to esomeprazole.
- If allergic to any other proton pump inhibitor (omeprazole, rabeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole).
- If you are taking antiretroviral medicines, such as atazanavir.
- If you are taking cilostazol, a medicine used to treat pain and/or cramping in the lower leg (or arms) due to inadequate blood flow to the muscles.
- If you are breastfeeding or intend to breastfeed.
- If the expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- Are pregnant or intend to become pregnant.
- Have or ever have had serious liver disease.
- – Are taking digoxin (a medicine used to treat heart problems.
- Are taking ketoconazole (a medicine used to treat fungal infections).
- Are taking clopidogrel or warfarin (medicines used to stop the blood clotting).
- Are taking other medicines regularly.
This preparation is for the relief of minor and temporary ailments and should be used strictly as directed.
Keep the recommended dose. If an overdose is taken or suspicious telephone your doctor or the Poisons Information Centre or go to the Accident and Emergency department at your nearest hospital.
Tell your pharmacist or doctor if you do not feel well while you are taking Nexium 24HR Once Daily Dosing.
If symptoms persist or recur within 2 weeks of completing the course, consult your doctor.
The bottle contains a sealed container with silica gel desiccant. Keep the bottle tightly closed to protect from moisture. Do not use if foil seal is broken.